Here goes with my top ten favorites about teaching (not in a particular order):
1. Never Boring. I am always moving and doing something. The days just fly by.
2. I teach the most basic simple concepts that are so important for kids. They get so excited about finding a word or a letter that they know in a book and being able to count by 10's to 100.
3. The student's treat me as a celebrity. They all wanted a picture with me today. Kindergarteners adore thier teachers.
4. I get to be a role model and give positive adult interaction for kids who do not have that at home.
5. I hear all of the funny things that kids say. I had a student ask me where I live and I responded with Holladay. He said, "Oh Holiday Express (a motel) I've been there." I have a student who has wresled an Alligator. I have a student who goes to New York every weekend (only because I went their over one of the breaks). I have been told I am pretty, I am beautiful, that I am the best teacher, that they wish I was thier mom, your shirt is pretty, your hair looks beautiful, and I wish I could stay in your class forever.
6. I get lots of love letters. I have a mailbox and they love putting notes in thier for me. "I luv you teter." "You are the best teter." "I love Mrs. Hansen."
7. I get random breaks throughout the year and a long summer!!!
8. I never have to work weekends or nights. I like how I know the school schedule for the whole year. I like having a schedule and knowing what I am doing with the kids each day.
9. I get to do fun kids things: recess, computers, art projects, journals, coloring, shapes, math games, blocks, reading kids books etc...
10. I love seeing the progress the students make throughout the year. It is so fun to see a student who comes to school not knowing any letters and sounds and now they are reading books!! Kids love to learn..it is so fun to watch thier eyes light up and see them smile when they caught on to something I was teaching.
3 comments:
I only hope Liam gets a teacher as good as you! You make teaching sound so fun! I know it is a lot of hard work though. I am grateful there are teachers like you out there!
Well I don't blame those little ones for loving you, they are so lucky to have you! Well I know that you're sad to see them go, but I am excited to hang with you this summer when you're off, Mary needs you! We can't wait.
I want your job! Oh wait I kind of have it only 24/7, without the planned vacations. Those kids are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment