Friday, May 1, 2009

The Big Apple

My cute mother-in-law Michelle works for Jet Blue and has meetings throughout the year in New York City. Last week she invited me and a friend to come with her for a couple of days. I gladly took her up on her offer!!!
I ended up inviting Holly the morning of the trip and she was screaming on the phone she was so excited. Haha. Michelle, Holly, and I flew out that night on the red eye flight. After delays in the airplane and trying miserably to sleep in the middle of two strange men, we made it to New York 6:30 New York time and 4:30 Salt Lake time. We took our bags to the hotel, changed out clothes in the lobby bathroom, ate some breakfast, then headed out to the city.
Since we had all been to New York before we got to the really fun stuff......like shop. I promise I'm not a huge shopper at home, but I guess when I'm on vacation I really do love it. Here is the culprit...H&M (or also known as Holly & Melissa). It is the best store ever!! Come to think of it, this is the only place we really shopped. We just had to go to all three locations. I think I had too much success. We did do some other fun stuff like...Macy's Flower Gardens
We ate at Serendipity for lunch. It was a cute little place. (notice the umbrella...it rained pretty much all day!!)Then we went to the biggest candy shop I've ever seen!! It seriously had ever single kind of candy. It made me want to be a kid again.


We also went the the American Girl store which is something I've wanted to do since I was little. We did a little more shopping at H&M then headed back to the hotel to crash for the night!!

Michelle had meetings the next day so Holly and I were on our own. After buying our purses and almost getting arrested on Canal street (a funny story) we ran to the subway and rode it to the Statin Island Ferry. This picture, plus a bathroom run made us miss the first ferry so we wasted half an hour in Battery Park.
If you have never been on the Ferry before it is free!! I recommend it for some nice views of the Statue and the city.

The foggy Statue of Liberty view from the Ferry.

Last but not least we shopped at H&M one more time and look what was right outside....The Empire State Building. After many attempts to take our own picture without cutting off the top we got one. Then we headed to the airport for home...

Thanks Holly for coming!!! It wouldn't have been the same without you!!

3 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

What a fun trip and that is cool you got to enjoy it with Holly. You guys are so cute. I have never been to H&M before, it sounds like a great store. I am glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

I am jealous..that sounds like a lot of fun! When we were in Chicago a few weeks ago we went to the American Girl Store too...I couldn't believe it! Anyways can't wait to see you!

melissa said...

I can't even tell you how jealous i am of all your trips!! I have this craving so badly of going to new york. I can't get it out of my mind! Looking at your pics made the want even deeper. If i ever get the chance to go, i might want you to fill me in of all the "hot spots" (H&M). it looked like a blast!