Monday, May 4, 2009

Watch out, I have caught the travel bug...

The day I got home from St. George I went to New York and the day I got home from New York I went to California!! Oh how I love having a month off from work...April is basically my June because I have April off but I get to teach all through June. Kel and I decided to take our annual trip to see Heather and John in Newport Beach. I can't get enough of that place and am still convinced that I should move there.It turned out not to be warmest weather, but the sun still seemed to shine in the afternoon. I decided only visiters will lay out in a swimsuit at the beach in 65 degree weather with wind and cold chills. Well at least we had the beach to ourselves.

Hmmm Pink Berry. If you have never been here it is just like Red Mango, but better I think.
The Paddle Board
It is just like a surf board but bigger and heavier. You just float out into the water and stand up on it and then row with the ore. They have a perfect bay to row around in. John usually rides it all the way around the Island and into the ocean. How would that be for a morning workout? It was actually really fun and not very hard to balance.

Kelly and I at dinner

Heather and I

It was so nice to finally be on a trip that was with Kelly. I have so much fun when it's the two of us. I already can't wait for our next trip to Newport!! Hopefully it will come soon.

3 comments:

Kelly and Melissa said...

You 2 looked like you were having a blast. How wonderful for family that have neat places to stay and visit. I love So. California!

Elaine said...

Goofed again! Look at the time. I should be in bed. MOM I sent the last comment. Sorry.

Julie said...

woah Melissa! You're quite the traveler! It looks like you're having fun. I love all of your pictures!