Monday, April 14, 2008

Las Vegas

Kelly and I just spent a great weekend in Vegas. I'm so glad that Ryan and Tori invited us to go because I think we all needed the vacation. They asked us to go on Thursday. I'm realizing that I liked to have things planned out in advance and have a hard time doing things spur of the moment. Ryan and Tori are teaching me how to do things unexpected and enjoy every minute. It makes life more adventurous!! The first thing we did on Saturday morning was go to Hoover Dam. Tori and Kelly had never been before. I know it was the best part of the trip for Kelly. All of his time watching the Hoover Dam on the History Channel finally came to life. We took many pictures and even bought a magnet for our fridge. After Hoover we went swimming at the Golden Nugget. It was nice to soak up a few rays. I didn't realize how nice it is to be outside in the sun!! We then went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Even though we have one in Salt Lake, it still felt like such a treat to eat there. I guess it is kind of a Las Vegas tradition. After cheesecake we went to Belagio and checked out the garden and the fountains. We then for some reason were craving ice cream. I think we all regretted that decision. We tried to go to a movie, but the tickets were $10.25!! I couldn't believe how expensive. Thanks Ryan and Tori for letting us come!!! We needed the extra warm weather!!

2 comments:

Holly and Rhett said...

Looks like you had fun, I am a bit jelous! Next time take me.

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

Hey Miss! That sounds like such a nice weekend. I'm glad you guys had fun and you got to spend some quality time with Kelly. Thanks again for coming down to my studio last week, it was so fun. love ya!