Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New stage of life...

Well the time has come for me to enter the world of a career. I'm kind of sad that my college days are almost at an end. It has been 4 years of school, homework, student teaching, part-time nanny jobs, living with friends, family, marriage, new changes, and big decisions. This fall I've accepted a job to be a Kindergarten teacher at Copper Hills Elementary School in Granite School District. It's a darling school and I love the other young kindergarten teachers!! I'm really looking forward to setting up my own classroom and finally being a real teacher!! I know it will be busy and alot of work, but I'm excited. So many people have called me crazy for wanting to teach kindergarten, but I really love the little ones. They have such a love of learning and best of all they love their teacher. Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

melissa said...

My word Melissa!!!!!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!! Congrats!! You seriously deserve your own classroom finally!! I really think that is so exciting and great!and Copper Hills?? thats right next to good old South Jordan. Gosh you are going to do so great!! Seriously-i'm so happy for ya Melissa, and i honestly am jealous that you have your career now:). Good luck with everything and keep us all posted on your new classroom!

Ryan and Tori said...

That is seriously so awesome! I'm not gonna lie, I am a little jealous just because teaching is my dream job... after being a mom. And since it's really hard to do both full time, I can only do one :( but that seriously sounds like SO much fun! I am so excited for you. Good Luck with everything!

Joanna McGuire said...

Good job Melissa. That is so exciting that you are moving on to a career. You will be such a good kindegarten teacher. Congrats on graduating as well.

Luke and Marin said...

I'm so happy for your Melissa! Good luck with it! You're going to be awesome!

Rob and Dani said...

You will be the best teacher. I sure hope there are teachers like you around when Liam gets to Kindergarten. You are amazing!

Whitney said...

Way to go Mel! Go copper hills! Good luck!

Lauren Bigelow said...

Melissa, no more class it's so weird! But it was nice to catch American Idol on time this week! Hehe! We'll have to keep in touch.
Lauren Bigelow