Monday, January 18, 2010

Pregnancy

This looks more like a mug shot than a belly photo, but there is my little belly at 16 weeks. It is still weird to me that there is actually something growing inside of me. I've dreamt about being pregnant my whole life and it just seems weird that I actually am. It has been a wild rollar coaster so far and I know that it is just the beginning.

Now that my nausesness is finally settling down, I have really gained up an appetite and some cravings. My first trimester it seemed like the only thing I could eat was cereal and gaterade and I still threw that up. Lets just face it, nothing sounds tasty when you are nauseous. Although I still get sick most every night, it is far less strong and the vomited has thankfully gone away..(at least for now). Let me fill you in on what I crave these days...

1. French Fries: I know I know it is probably the single worst thing to crave and so fattening but I can't help it, they just taste delicious. Wendy's chicken nugget kids meals usually do the trick.

2. Jamba Juice and smoothies: Hmmm there is nothing like a cool sweet smoothie to fill up my tummy.

3. Fruit: mainly apples and berries.

4. A Bagel from Einsteins.

5. A new one this week is pickles. I had heard that some pregnant women crave pickles. I tried one this week and that was the end. I have at least one a day.

6. Salad: I am talking about salad made at a salad bar. I love putting on what I want..it tastes delicious.

7. Root Beer: I have always liked root beer, but have never been a big soda drinker. I definantly crave it more than usual.

8. I still like cereal. I eat cereal for breakfast every morning right when I wake up. Always tasty.

So basically it boils down to anything that is very sweet or very salty. I never knew I could enjoy some of these foods so much. Pregnancy really does some weird things to you.

5 comments:

Lauren Bigelow said...

I'm so excited for you! By the way I think I look more pregnant than you do and I'm not pregnant. You're so tiny!

Ryan and Tori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan and Tori said...

That is funny you called it a mug shot, maybe if you smiled or looked at the camera..ha ha too funny, you are still so tiny! I totally craved apples with Della, I really think I had one a day. Then I loved pickels and lemons with Sara. And I always craved carbonated drinks with both pregnancies-- maybe it's a girl?? I really don't know but I can't wait to find out! Keep posting pregnant pics, they're my favorite:) Love seeing how the belly grows!

Krista and Aaron said...

Im glad that you are feeling better! I was laughing when I read your cravings cuz I have also been wanting salad (good salad with yummy ranch, not the nasty store bought sour kind), fruit and I have cereal every day! The joy of being preggers. I love the little belly!

Alana said...

congratulations melissa!! im so excited for you- we are due right about the same time as you! do you know what you are having yet?? ive been doing the whole mug shot thing too- we're at 20 weeks and are still waiting to look pregnant... as for the cravings- my only real cravings have been lemons and cereal.... hahah weird combo. but it seems to satisfy. hope all is going well! im so happy for you!