Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October Favorites!!

October was a busy month for us! Let me fill you in on what we have been up too. Sorry so extremely long!!

1. Bathroom Renovation: Kelly and his friend Ryan decided to redo our 1970s tile and bathtub / shower. They worked long and hard on the tile on the floor and in the shower. It seriously looks amazing!! We also added new paint, toilet, mirror, medicine cabinet, faucet, lights, doorknobs, etc... I'm so glad it is finally finished and I can stand to live in my house again!!!

BeforeAfter



2. Tomato Soup: It seems like everyone was sick last month. I took my first sick day from work after I through up during class in the bathroom. My students were so worried about me. I ate lots of soup and crackers. The next two pics are of Kelly's dad's delicious homemade tomato soup and gormet grilled cheese......hmmm hmmm good.

3. Lincoln Manning Henriksen: Our new little nephew Lincoln was born on Thursday, October 15th. He is so adorable and looks just like his older two brothers.

Liam's Soccer game. That is his friend Max who has the ball.
Liam is a very good support team player.
Fall leaves

4. Bear Lake Halloween trip: 5th year!!! It was a smaller bunch this year but still just as fun. We started off the party with surprise birthday cakes for Tori!

Pizza

Pumpkins



5. St. George: Holly and I have been wanting to go on a girls trip. We decided to join our cousins Juli and Lisa and make it a girls reunion. It was a little different vacation because all three of them have a kid. I got to sleep next to Lucy screaming and kicking me in the face. Good thing she is so cute!!!
Since it was a chilly week we slept, shopped, ate food, made cookies, and mostly sat around and talked. It was fun to catch up with everyone!!
One day we went to this new park. I think the girls had more fun than the kids. We could not get enough of this swing. Yes, I'm the one with wearing the cape!!


6. Halloween: Kelly was more into Halloween this year. Here is his freaky costume to scare all of the nieces and nephews. He thought he was pretty sweet.
While picking out his scary costume Kelly came home with this mask for me.... I was a little shocked that he thought I would wear such a thing. We immediately went back to the store and I picked out an 80's wig instead. I dressed up as an 80's arobic dancer which we did not get a pic of. 7. Amelia Lake: On October 30th, just a few minutes before Halloween, our darling new niece was born. Yes, I gained a nephew and a niece last month!! Kelly's sister Heather and husband Jon are the parents of this cute little thing. On Sunday Nov. 1st Kelly and I, Kelly's parents, Krista and Marc all flew out to California for the day so we greet the little girl into the world. She is so little and so adorable.

I wanted to stay in beautiful Cali so bad, but we were only there for about 6 hours before we had to come back to cold SLC.

It was a great end to a busy month.
Hope you enjoyed our crazy October.

3 comments:

Ryan and Tori said...

Wow! You guys were busy! I have a feeling my November will be a little like your October with moving, and trying to throw a party, Thanksgiving, and trying to get everything settled before the baby comes! Crazy crazy! Your bathroom seriously looks amazing. I got the chance to see it live and in person last week- it really is so nice! And congrats on the new additions to both sides of your family. So cute!

gini said...

Your bathroom looks great. And so does all that food. I love fall too.

Laurie said...

Just found your blog off of Ayrel's - I am so excited to hear that you are pregnant~ congratulations! (BTW I would have worn that mask with great pride!)