Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer Nonsense

We haven't gone on any vacations yet this summer, but we've found ways to entertain ourselves in good old SLC.One night we went to dinner with Lisa and Jon and then roasted marshmallows in the back yard. It took me back to the good old days when we hung out there all the time. Got to love cousins. I love hanging out with Lis and Jon.I think summer finally set in when we went surfing behind Kelly's brothers boat. This is my brother-in-law John. I'm glad he went after me because he's a real surfer that lives on the beach and was so much better than me!!!Princess Gracie had a dance recital. It was so cute to see her on the stage, because she is always entertaining everyone!! This was at Tori's shower. I miss hanging out with these girls. Good luck Tor, can't wait for the little one. Kelly has been wanting to minature golf at Dotties for the longest time. It has been around for like 50 years right on 33rd south. He finally talked Craig and Nikell to go with us and it was actually very fun. Kelly made us take this picture to document the event. The boys were getting nervous that I would beat them because I got a few whole in ones....but they pulled it off with a tie.But they did lose to me in poker. I managed to get the best hand you can in poker....and pulled off a win. We just had to document this too. Too bad we never bet with money!! I don't know what it is but I really get lucky hands. There was a streak last year when I won every game we played with our friends. It was really cool and exciting at first until every started to get mad at me and not want to play with me anymore. Winning the game got kind of annoying......it is hard to exlplain. We took a break from poker for awhile and then I still win....who knew.This is a random picture, but I had to post it. The other day I babysat for a family that lives up immigration canyon. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I was laying out at thier pool just staring at the green mountains. I know I have many dream places I'd like to live...but this goes way up on that list (I'm guessing only in the summer though). It was a little piece of heaven.

3 comments:

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

so fun miss! We need to hang out! I can't wait to see you tomorrow at Lauren's shower!

Ryan and Tori said...

Thanks for coming to my shower Melissa! That was fun seeing you- I feel like it's been forever. We really need to do dinner some time with the guys too! Hopefully I'll see you again before we have the baby... you never know though!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

We love hanging out with Miss and Kelly! We need to make it a habit, I miss those good ole days of meeting halfway at the park and then spending the entire day in the pool. When did we grow up and stop doing that?