Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Baby Lucy

This morning I met my new niece Lucy!! It was such an amazing experience for me. Holly was in labor all night and I showed up just in time for the birth in the morning. She is a tiny girl only 6 pounds, 18 inches long. I was there all day at the hospital and was going to wait a couple days to blog about her, but I couldn't resist. I won't say too much because I know Holly will want to give all of the details. I was the photographer and videographer and got to video Lucy's first bath by her daddy Rhett. It was a special moment for me. I want to thank Holly and Rhett for letting be apart of the birth of their first darling baby girl. Holly has been one of my best friends lately. She has been there for me and included me in her life. I don't think she knows how much I have always looked up to her. I'm so happy for her and Rhett and know that they will be awesome parents!! Unfortunately all the great pictures I took are on Holly's camera, but these ones will do!! Look at her cute blonde hair...
I added some more pictures of her second day...I just can't get enough of her! It is way to fun to be an aunt!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAHH! good thing for blog stalking...I've been anxiously waiting for any baby news! That is really neat to have been there for the birth Melissa. I'm excited to see and hear more about Lucy's arrival. So fun!

Krista and Aaron said...

Oh she is so cute! Im jealous that your sis is done being prego...you are such a great aunt and Lucy is lucky to have yoy in her life.

Jonny and Haley said...

Congrats Auntie Melissa! She is a cutie. That is so fun for Holly and Rhett!

Joanna McGuire said...

She is so cute. I am so happy for those guys. You are such a cute aunt.

Whitney said...

She is so cute! It makes me so excited to have my own little one. Congrats on the graduation that is really cool!

Lisa Marie Crosby said...

I am so excited to see her! Congrats on graduating, it is a great feeling! Love you Miss, your blog is darling!