Kelly and I have almost been married for a year and a half. We are so lucky to have so many friends and family to spend our time with. We have had the oppurtunity of going on many vacations together and weekend gettaways. The best part of being married is to live with your best friend and start out a new life together. When we were dating Kelly practically swept me off my feet. I knew that we had a connection that I had never had with anyone. He had me figured out better than I new myself. We were married in the salt lake temple on August 12th 2006. Our wedding was a beautiful day with clouds and perfect weather. I couldn't ask for a more perfect day!!
We spent our first 11 days married in paradise Hawaii. It was such a fun vacation, especially because Kelly had never been before. We spent most of our time on the beach, hiking, kayaking and sight seeing. I think I'm in need of another vacation just like it!!
We flew home overnight and went straight to close out our condo, and then to my first day back at school!!
We are so happy that we found a cute condo right in Holladay close to our families. The condo suits us well, so I'm sure we will be here for awhile. We were saying how we will be sad when it is time to move. Kelly has had fun installing new lights, a new sink, a new toilet seat, and much more. He is quite the handy man.
This last summer we went on a two week road trip to Chicago and Navoo with my family. It was a long time to be away, but it was an experience we will never forget. We of course went biking with my Dad (his favorite) along Lake Michigan. You can see Chicago in the distance...
We went to Carthage Jail where Joseph Smith was shot. It was fun to see some church history sites....
And last I cannot forget about Manti!!! Our favorite place. It seems like we don't have as much time to make it down there, but we do love it. This was the first Christmas we had a Christmas tree and cut it down in Manti with my family.
We spent our first 11 days married in paradise Hawaii. It was such a fun vacation, especially because Kelly had never been before. We spent most of our time on the beach, hiking, kayaking and sight seeing. I think I'm in need of another vacation just like it!!I guess Hawaii wasn't enough because soon after we went to Cancun with the Hansen family...
We had our own private beach it was to amazing!! But I had the worst sunburn I have ever had in my life!!!And of course we can't forget our numerous trips to Bear Lake with our friends!!! They are nice enough to let us stay in thier cabin. We have kept up our Halloween and New Year's Bear Lake trips three years in a row and hope that the tradition continues!!!
Cute Dan leaving on his mission at the MTC. He only has a few more days there and will be off the San Fernando California to speak Spanish. Good luck Dan!!!!
I started student teaching in 1st grade and Kindergarten in August and am loving it. It is alot of work, but the cute kids make it worth it!!! Some of the kids can't say my name and call me Mrs. Handsome....I take that as a compliment!!!
Thank you everyone for including us in your lives. We have been blessed with many great friends and family. We love you all!!!! We will hopefully had more soon!!!
1 comment:
So i just found your blog and i love it! Looks like you two have had so much fun!
Post a Comment