Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Puerto Vallarta

Kelly and I were fortunate to go on a retreat with a bunch of people from Kelly's work (Clearlink)!  I looked forward to this trip for months and of course I am sad it is already over.
Aaron, Kelly, Ty, Krista, Me, Whit
There were about 75 people that went to Mexico.  It was awesome because there was always someone to hang out and be lazy with.  I was so happy that Aaron, Krista, Ty and Whit were going too!!
Aaron, Kelly, Ty
They had a ping pong tournament.  It came down to Neal and Aaron in the finals and Neal came out with the victory!  There was also beach volleyball, water volleyball, soccer, and some swim races.  Luckily Kelly won his swim race!! 
One of my favorite part of the trip was hanging out on the beach at night.  The temperature and light breeze was just perfect!
The sunset was so beautiful every night.  There is nothing better than a sunset over the ocean!

One of the funniest and entertaining part of the trip was the zip line tour.  Here is about half of the group that went.  We are sitting in the pretty ghetto bus / truck on our long journey to the zip lines.  We had no idea what we were in for. 
We rode in this weird vehicle for an hour before reaching our destination.  This was not a relaxing ride along the ocean...nope...it was an hour long ride up the dry, pretty ugly mountains on a dirt and bumpy road.  The road was very narrow and curvy with cliffs and drop offs at every turn. With a Mexican driver at the wheel I felt like I was going to die!!   I seriously was holding on for dear life trying to hold it together.  There were seriously tires dug in the ground as guard rails.  We all got a good laugh thinking that tires were the only things that were going to save our lives!!  If you have ever been to Disneyland and been on the Indiana Jones ride...this was just like it, but in real life.  That is one of my favorite rides but somehow was not as enjoyable when i felt like my life was really at stake!!  


We finally reached the zip line place and got a lesson on how to use the zip lines.
On one of the first rides they sent me down first without anyone at the other end to catch me.  I was a little terrified but new I could just hang there until someone came and helped me. As I was flying along a Mexican dude came and straddled me and yelled in my ear.  It scared me so bad!!  Then he told me to let go and we ended up with this lovely pose.  Haha.  Kind of funny, but kind of gross too!



We ate lots of guacamole on the trip!  It was the best tasting food that I had the whole time.
Kelly went deep sea fishing and caught this ugly looking thing... just kidding.  He did go fishing, but he has his pics on his phone.  He caught a pretty good size fish.  This was just the eel that was hanging out on our beach one day.  Really made me want to go swimming in the ocean...
Yes they are all wearing speedo's!!  Apparently they planned a speedo day before the trip.  It ended up being a volleyball game with speedo vs. non-speedo guys.  It was pretty darn funny!  It is not too different than the spandex we wore in highschool volleyball.  Of course the speedo team won!
And then there was Pepe's.  We ate here two nights in a row.  The first night we ate something like 200 tacos.  We decided to go back the next night with the whole group and see how many tacos we could eat.. I think we ate something like 550.  I know pretty disgusting.  They were amazing tacos though!  I felt pretty sick after the second night.  I think i ate 8 tacos.  

Puerto Vallarta apparently always has these sand sculptures along the boardwalk.  Here is one of the Mayan calendar.  They were pretty amazing!
This was our farewell to the beautiful ocean and a fun trip...
but we knew we had this to come home to.  She was a good little girl while we were gone, but I 'm pretty sure she was happy to have us home!!!

1 comment:

Ryan and Tori said...

SO Jealous!! That looked like a blast! And you two are so cute in every picture! I was wondering what that picture was of you and the mexican on the zip line, then when I read your explanation I really laughed out loud. That is hilarious. I guess we'll see you this weekend?!